Fit out possession or soft possession is given to home buyers by developers typically once the construction is completed and while the OC application is in progress, primarily so that the home buyer can start their interior work and move in once quickly the OC is received. Fit-out possession does not entitle a home buyer to start living in the apartment. An occupancy certificate is mandatory before residents can move in. Occupancy certificate provides a legal recognition for occupying a property. With OC in place, you get access to basic facilities like electricity, water, sanitation and other essential facilities.

See other F.A.Q. pages: View More